Please join TripScout and me to help provide tech-enabled education tools to kids trapped in or recently freed from slavery in Haiti. With your help, we will equip their classroom with 35 Google Nexus 7 tablets.
Here is a horrific fact: there are more slaves now than any time in history.
In Haiti, just a few hours from the United States, there are an estimated 300,000 children trapped in slavery. These children – primarily girls – are exploited, abused, treated as property, forced to work long hours for no pay, and live with the constant fear of physical violation and humiliation. These children live without love, hope, and or freedom.
Thankfully, Restavek Freedom is on the ground, fighting tirelessly to end child slavery in Haiti in our lifetime. Restavek Freedom advocates for the enslaved children, promotes child protection, and raises awareness throughout the country. They also rescue the children when possible – providing shelter, education, and trauma-competent caregivers to help them heal in a loving, family atmosphere.
We believe in Restavek Freedom’s mission, so we reached out to see how we could help. The organization needs 35 tablets in order to provide the children with tech-enabled classes. Together with Good360, we figured out a way to make this happen at a reduced cost. We are excited to now have the opportunity to help make this solution a reality.
Together, we can help connect these kids to the world and all its information. Something as simple as a tablet allows access to educational software and the internet – providing the kids with the tools to learn anything they want and a platform to dream bigger. Please join us in making this happen!
TripScout (my company) will match each dollar contributed until the goal of $1,850 is reached! View Campaign.
- Restavek Freedom is a 501c3 nonprofit in the United States and all donations will be tax deductible.
- We will purchase the Google Nexus 7 tablets at a discount from Good360.
- Learn more about Restavek Freedom and child slavery in Haiti on their website: RestavekFreedom.org
- Restavek Freedom has been featured in the New York Times, BBC, CNN, NPR, and in A Path Appears by Nicholas Kristof, the Pulitzer Prize winning author of Half the Sky.
- Watch a documentary about Restavek Freedom as part of CNN’s Freedom Project with the rapper Common here.
- Watch a short overview of the issue and organization here: https://youtu.be/KPH1EW9TmkQ
- Every donation amount helps! You can be a part of the campaign on Go Fund Me.