goKonrad’s Tokyo travel blog (Japan)
Tokyo may just be an impossible city to describe. The fascinating, yet confusing, city is minimalist and extravagant, futuristic and ancient, artisan and flashy, and on the move while taking it slow. The Japanese respect tradition and artisanship, but they will still beat you to the newest gadget. This sophisticated, polite, and advanced society will still find a way to leave you dazed and confused on a daily basis.
Here are a few of my favorite things to do in Tokyo that you should make sure to see and do on your trip:
- Tsukiji Fish Market: This is by far the largest, busiest, and best fish market I have seen in the world. Go in the morning when the fish is freshest and eat sushi that was swimming only hours before. The sushi here will be among the best in the world. This old and world-famous market is unfortunately being relocated soon, so make sure to check it is still open before you visit.
- Shibuya Crossing: This famous intersection outside of Shibuya Station is rumored to be the busiest intersection in the world. Find a good view at the second floor Starbucks nearby and wait until the walking light turns green. Floods of people in every direction fill the street and create a human and logistical spectacle. It is in an interesting neighborhood to explore afterwards as well.
- Sumo Wrestling: If your there during the right time, make sure to check out this famous sport being performed live. Kokugikan is the most well-known arena for tournaments.
- Senso-ji Temple: This Buddhist temple was founded in the year 628 and is both Tokyo’s oldest and most beautiful temple.
- Shinjuku Gyoen National Garden: Get your Zen on at a real Japanese garden. The landscape is both peaceful and stunning. There is a teahouse inside as well.
If you have some time, I recommend taking the high-speed bullet train to Kyoto as well.
If you are traveling throughout Asia, check out some of my other travel blog posts in the region: Hanoi, Saigon, Luang Prabang, Beijing, Shanghai, Seoul, Ubud-Bali, Yangon, Taipei, Almaty, Bishkek, Hong Kong, Singapore, Manila, Kuala Lumpur, the Maldives, and more.
I hope you enjoyed my Tokyo travel blog album!
For more travel photos, follow me on Instagram or sign up for my free weekly digest about ways to travel the world, build a successful business or career, and make a difference at the same time:
Error: No feed found.
Please go to the Instagram Feed settings page to create a feed.
Tokyo travel blog (Japan)